Good weekend morning to you!!! Y’all, if you like a hearty breakfast start, add this to the list of recipe ideas that is sure to please those who love FLAVOR. This Hatch Chile, Cornbread, and Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole is delicious and comes together quickly with a little bit of prep time. Yum!!!
Chile, Cornbread, and Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 2 cups roasted sweet potato cubes (I do mine at 400 degrees F, peeled & cubed, for 30 minutes)
- 1 roasted Hatch chile, chopped (see Note above for alternatives)
- 4 cups cornbread cubes (leftover cornbread is wonderful in this)
- ½ cup crumbled queso
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup (6 ounces) milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt (I use kosher)
- about ½ teaspoon olive oil (a little splash)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 10 inch round shallow casserole pan with oil spray or the non-stick spray of your choice. Scatter sweet potato cubes and chiles across the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with cornbread cubes and queso. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour into casserole dish. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Serve warm, with salsa on the side if you like.
Credit: Farm Fresh Feasts